Presidential Events and Visitor Services is responsible for the coordination and implementation of events hosted by the Executive Office of the President and all aspects of visitor related services provided through the University of Arizona Visitor Center. A highly visible unit with extensive internal and external contacts, Presidential Events and Visitor Services is a resource for the campus community as well as visitors to the UA and Southern Arizona.
Some of the events Visitor Services plans include the Flinn and National Scholars Dinners, Arizona Board of Regents meetings and events, President’s Commencement Dinner and Platform Assemblies, President’s Town Halls in Tucson and Phoenix, and President’s Scholarship Suite game management.
Our offices are located in the UA Visitor Center nestled between the main campus and the historic West University neighborhood at 811 North Euclid Avenue. With convenient parking and a knowledgeable team eager to assist, the UA Visitor Center is a great starting place to learn about campus or obtain informative UA and Tucson publications.
Services provided by our office include:
- Campus Walking Tours: FREE to the Tucson community and visitors. Choose from the following tour topics: Things To DO @ the U, History Tour, Public Art Tour and In-Depth Tour. They all begin at 10:00 am every Wednesday.
- K-8 School Tours: For teachers who wish to bring their students to experience college life early on.
- Points of Interest Tours: To visit special places around campus.
- Southern Arizona Attractions Passports: With dozens of offers and discounts at Tucson's top attractions and shopping venues.
- The UA Visitor Guide: With great information to help parents and visitors get the most out of their days at the UA.
High School students interested in attending the University of Arizona please take advantage of the Campus Ambassador Tours! They are geared for prospective undergraduate students who want to get a feel for our beautiful campus. Visit the Ambassador Tours web page or call 520-621-3641 for more detailed information.
Heather Lukach, Administrator
Heather Lukach oversees the operation of PEVS, ensuring its effectiveness and success through leadership, strategic communication, organization, and project management. Lukach is from Tucson and currently serves on the Visit Tucson Board of Directors. In 1999, she received her BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management from Northern Arizona University.